Saturday, February 27, 2016

Nurture Yourself

Today, I am discussing ways to nurture ourselves. I think it is so easy to get caught up in the chaos of life and even others that we often forget to take care of ourselves. Giving to yourself is not being self-centered. When you give to yourself you are taking care of yourself and demanding your happiness

Recently, I was given a list by a mentor of 83 ways to nurture yourself. I have to say the list was a little overwhelming at first. I mean 83 ideas seems like a lot to sift through at first.  To my surprise, as I began reading through the list, I found that I already do many of the suggestions almost on a daily basis (Example: Write in a journal). I found that I nurture myself more than what I had originally thought. However, I didn't want to stop there. I wanted to try new ideas on the list that I don't usually do. For example, I don't usually buy fresh flowers. Buying fresh flowers is number two on the list. So today after work, I bought flowers. Flowers sure do brighten the place up a bit. 

Below, I am going to list ten of my favorite ways of nurturing myself as well as new ideas I am going to try:  
-Create something.
-Drink plenty of water- it's basic but good for you.
-Light a candle- Your sense of smell creates the strongest memories. Find scents you love and enjoy them.
-Use lotions and soaps with scents that you love.
-List the things you like about yourself.
-Cut yourself some slack- Sometimes our standards are too high and when not met we beat ourselves up. Don't be so hard on yourself. 
-Eat foods that you love- healthy or not, enjoy it. 
-Declutter- You should only be surrounded by things you love. Purge everything else, physically, emotionally, or things you don't use and love. 
-Make your home a haven.- Your home should be a place where you can breathe and relax.
-Get out into nature- Reconnecting with the earth is good for your soul.

There are many more ideas to choose from when it comes to nurturing yourself. I was given a list of 83 ways. I found a list online that is similar to the one I recieved but it has a little over 100 ideas (click here).  I hope you will find something on the list that you can nurture yourself with by doing, if you aren't already doing so. 
In what ways do you nurture yourself? I would love to hear from you. Remember to nurture yourself, it's good for you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by aleelilydesigns